Harken Review

Saturday, February 2, 2013


Harken (Harken, #1)Harken by Kaleb Nation
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What I really enjoyed most about this book was the pacing. So much happens in the first chapter alone that I was flipping back trying to grasp it all.

But towards the middle I found myself distracted. I just couldn't get into the story as much as I wanted to. Don't get me wrong, I liked this book but I'm with holding my judgement on the series until I can nab the second book.

Kaleb has a good and original idea, but I didn't care for the characters enough to stay engrossed in that. I forced myself to finish Harken and I found I did enjoy it, but I couldn't shake the feeling that something was missing.

Hopefully the second book blows me out of the water. Still, great effort Kaleb!


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Awrittenworld 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.