Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Friday, January 4, 2013

Gods this book. THIS BOOK!
I can't even begin to explain just how much I enjoyed this! The pacing, the plot, even the cliffhanger was just beyond words! I promise my review is going to be all over the place!

I loved every second of it, and it was strange because even though this was such an engrossing read...I found myself putting it down just to think about it. That rarely happens for me with YA books but I loved the mystery of it all. I found myself guessing which characters were behind certain events. It reminded me of the feeling I got while reading Harry Potter, at least in the pacing of the story and the mystery of the plot.

Another thing I noticed about the series is the build up of the characters and how much JLA makes you love them even for their faults. Half-blood was created to let the readers love Aiden and Alex. Pure was all Seth. Deity served the purpose of making us squirm over who Alex would really choose but to also help understand her choices.

I'm rabid for the next book, Apollyon which comes out in April 2013 and I don't say this enough but there is a magic to Armentrout's writing and after reading this series...I'm solidified as a fan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Awrittenworld 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.