The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

EVERY GIRL WHO HAS TAKEN THE TEST HAS DIED.

NOW IT'S KATE'S TURN. 

It's always been just Kate and her mom--and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she suceeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.

IF SHE FAILS...



PROS: I liked this book a lot, but I LOVED it towards the end.
Ya'll don't understand. I HEART Greek Mythology and I really enjoyed the twist on the myth of Hades and Persephone. That was one Greek myth that always boggled by mind and it was really nice to see Henry/Hades in an endearing light. Well, sort of endearing...he's still the King of the Underworld.
I also appreciated the lack of insta-love on both sides. Kate has to work for Henry's affections and vice versa...but that doesn't mean I don't want more juicy scenes, Aimee Carter!
I liked the characters for the most part but allow me to elaborate in the cons...

CONS: A little bit slow for me to get into...but worth it in the end. I get it Carter, you want to unfold the plot nice and slow but I was dying for a hint of love or comedy somewhere in the mix.
Speaking of comedy and maybe I've been spoiled by JLA, someone who's authored a greek mythology series, I wanted a bit more of the snarky comments and quips I've grown used to.
The love story while very sweet and endearing, I wanted a little more juice. I'm not talking full on explicit scenes that make you blush...but just a little more. Hopefully in the next books.

I really did enjoy this book a lot though. A nice solid read that I would recommend :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Awrittenworld 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.