Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Friday, January 4, 2013

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout is the story of Alexandria Andros a.k.a. Alex who is a half-blood who has escaped from the Covenant three years ago with her mother. She returns to find that she must catch up or she will be kicked out of the Covenant and enter into servitude.

Half-Blood was one of those books I avoided for some reason. I had heard that it was very similar to Vampire Academy but being as I haven't read that yet, I figured why not give this a shot. I love Greek Mythology and my prior knowledge helped me guess certain story elements which I found enjoyable.

I also enjoyed this book because who doesn't like kick-ass females like Alex? Who doesn't love super yummy badass guys like Aiden?
You will fall head over heels for the romance in this book. I'm talking about all the deliciousness of forbidden love in all it's glory. Aiden is a Pure and Alex is a Half and it's against the Gods for them to be together.

As much as I did enjoy the characters, the book is not without its flaws. I felt it a little draggy towards the middle but what it lacked in pacing sometimes, it made up in characters. What I appreciate most about JLA's writing is her character development and these guys fly right off the pages.

Honestly, even if Greek Mythology isn't your thing...you should read this just because Aiden St. Delphi is delicious! He's totally making himself comfy on my list of book boyfriends. All in all, this was an enjoyable read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Awrittenworld 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.